Product Description & Reviews
Recycle Organic Waste and Make Vermicompost or Worm Castings with the Urban Worm BagTM - | Breathable Material Keeps Your Worm Farm Aerobic | Strong Iron Frame Included | Feed from the Top, Collect Ready-To-Use High-Yield Organic Fertilizer From the Bottom To Use in Your Garden or Growing Operation After the incredibly simple 5-minute assembly instructions, just follow the easy start-up direction and start composting using a bed of moist, carbon-based household waste like saturated cardboard or newsprint. Coco coir and aged horse manure is an excellent choice, but for best results, start with existing vermicompost. The Urban Worm Bag can process non-dairy, non-meat household waste and turn it into a potent organic soil amendment or fertilizer right in your home. Featuring 4 sq ft of vermicomposting space and over 5 cubic ft of volume, an Urban Worm Bag at max capacity can hold up to 8 lbs of composting worms, processing up to 3-4 lbs of household waste per day. -- HOW LONG UNTIL I CAN BEGIN HARVESTING WORM CASTINGS? If you start from scratch, it should be about 4-6 months before you should expect to harvest worm castings from the bottom of your Urban Worm Bag. You can reduce this time (and better ensure a happy home for your worms) if you start with an existing amount of vermicompost as a starter material. WHAT ARE THE SPECS ON THE URBAN WORM BAG? Width (including frame):26 ¾ in (68cm) Length: (including frame):26 ¾ in (68cm) Height: (including frame):30 ¼ in (77cm) Bag Only Height:22 in (56cm) Bag Only Width:24 in (61 cm) Bag Only Length:24 in (61 cm) Weight:7.5 lbs (3.4 kg) Volume at Max Load:5.3 cubic ft (122 liters) Fabric:900D Oxford with a polyurethane coating for moisture resistance Frame:Lightweight iron frame with plastic 3-way connectors Zippers: Marine-grade #8 nylon
Features & Highlights
- Produce worm castings quickly with the Urban Worm Bag's aerobic design and 900D Oxford fabric that breathes without losing moisture too quickly
- Simple feeding thru top and easy worm castings harvesting thru no-leak, marine-grade zipper bottom. Moist castings at the bottom will exit the Bag in a controlled manner
- Promote rapid worm reproduction and food waste recycling with continuous flow design. Most users will never have to screen their harvests or perform tedious sorting as worms will remain at the top of the bin
- Create thriving microbe population to revitalize your garden soil and increase yield
- Lifetime warranty guaranteed by the Urban Worm Company. Protects against defects in material and workmanship.
|Manufacturer:||Urban Worm Company|
|Brand:||Urban Worm Company|
|Publisher:||Urban Worm Company|
|Studio:||Urban Worm Company|
|Item Weight:||8.11 pounds|
|Item Size:||26.75 x 30.25 x 30.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||8.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.5 x 5 x 5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.